Wednesday 12 April 2017

The Rail Trail

Biking The Rail Trail


Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 10.52.27 pm.pngOn Friday the 24th Sonic went biking on the Rail trail. The Rail trail goes from Christchurch to Little river, but we went from Little river to Motukarara. We loaded up the bikes onto Ian Kempthorne’s truck and onto some of the cars that had bike racks. The class was sorted into groups I was with Ollie’s Mum, Ollie, Tuala and Alex. It was a twenty minute drive from school to Little river.

IMG_1577.jpgWe stopped at at a picnic area beside Lake Forsyth to unload and get ready. We were waiting for about half an hour for the parents that were biking with us. I went with Ian, Elan, Will and Regan, but I left them behind. Then I caught up to Sam and Alex I stayed with them for a while. That’s when I started taking photos on my camera, then Quaid and Ollie caught up to me. I was taking a video of Lake Ellesmere then I fell off my bike and got it on video, I was happy about that. I took another video of Lake Ellesmere, that one was better. The class stopped by a giant rock for lunch, while we were waiting for the rest of the class we climbed up the giant rock. I had lunch on top of the rock and took some photos. I showed people the video of me falling off my bike. Then we were off, I tried to take some more videos and almost ran into Sam. Then Quaid and Tuala caught up for the final stretch. I speed up for that burst into the parking area. I had a bite to eat before I helped pack up the bikes. The Rail Trail is over. I enjoyed it and I got fitter aswell either way I win.  

No comments:

Post a Comment